Dedupe 4.12: Optional Group - 245 $n, $p - Title (Verify)
This field contains the title of the book, including main title, subtitle, statement(s) of responsibility, and occasionally other information appearing on the title page. Subfields n and p will be used for this parameter.
Every MARC record must have a 245 field, but not necessarily a subfield n and/or p.
subfield n - Number of part/section of a work
If a book includes only a part or section of a larger work, the number of that part or section may be entered in $n. Numbering includes letters as well as numbers, and any other designation of sequence.
245 $a Divine comedy. $n Third part. 245 $a Travels through the orient. $n Volume 2, pt. 4.
subfield p - Name of part/section of a work
245 $a Travels through the orient. $n Volume 2, $p Burma. 245 $a New England byways. $n Part 1, $p Vermont. $n Part 2, $p Massachusetts
- FULL - Full compares the full verify string up to the verify length.
- PARTIAL - Partial truncates the compare strings to the shortest string, then does a full compare. "The fox in the hound" in one record, "The fox" on the other record : both truncated to "The fox" and compared.
- WITHIN - Withing searches each compare string truncated at verify length against the full un-truncated string of the other field. "Cat" will ind a potential match on "The cat in the hat."
- NACO/CJK retains spaces and subfield delimiters.
- FULL is NACO normalization with all spaces and subfield delimiters removed.
This pertains to the number of characters to be used in the verification for the 245$n and $p subfields within the verify method chosen above. The max number of characters that can be used is 2048.
This pertains to the number of words to be used in the verification for the 245$n and $p subfields within the verify method chosen above.
1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0 - 5.0 - 6.0