Dedupe 3.10: Group 2 - 245 $a, $b - Title (Verify)
This field contains the title of the book, including main title, subtitle, statement(s) of responsibility, and occasionally other information appearing on the title page.
Every record must have a 245 tag.
Subfields a and b will be used for this parameter. If only subfield a is wanted to be used, or if other subfields are to be added other than subfields $n, $p and $h, please use section 2-13 of the dedupe profile to add this information.
- FULL - Full compares the full verify string up to the verify length.
- PARTIAL - Partial truncates the compare strings to the shortest string, then does a full compare. "The fox in the hound" in one record, "The fox" on the other record : both truncated to "The fox" and compared.
- WITHIN - Withing searches each compare string truncated at verify length against the full un-truncated string of the other field. "Cat" will ind a potential match on "The cat in the hat."
- NACO/CJK retains spaces and subfield delimiters.
- FULL is NACO normalization with all spaces and subfield delimiters removed.
This pertains to the number of characters to be used in the verification for the 245$a and $b subfields within the verify method chosen above. The max number of characters that can be used is 2048.
This pertains to the number of words to be used in the verification for the 245$a and $b subfields within the verify method chosen above.
|Group 2 (245)|
|245 $a, $b main entry must verify (full, naco); all characters are considered|
1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0 - 5.0 - 6.0