Dedupe 3.14: Group 2 - 260 $c - Date (Verify)
This field contains the name of publisher, distributor, etc. for the title. Only subfield b of the 260 field will be used for this parameter
subfield c - Date
The date of publication, distribution, etc. is in the 260$c.
260 $a New York :$b Pelham Press, $c 1953. 260 $a Boston :$b Imperial Press, $c 1967-1970.
When $c contains more than a year (either month and year, or month, day, and year), the date is in the order month/year or month/day/year. A comma is used to set off the month/day from the year, but not to separate a month from the year; standard abbreviations are used for the names of the months in most cases.
260 $a New York, $c Aug. 15, 1967. 260 $a Boston :$b Imperial Press, $c Sept. 1967.
Some records have dates lacking one or more digits so the 260$c date often uses square brackets around the date with a hyphen for each missing digit in the date.
260 $a New York :$b Willemsen,$c[196-] 260 $a New York, $c [19--?]
NOTE: The 260$c date can have many variations containing printing dates, copyright dates, multiple dates, open ended dates, etc. This should be represented in the 008 field positions 7-14. If you feel that your 008 date positions do not represent what is in the 260$c, please contact your Backstage project manager for possible solutions.
- FULL - Full compares the full verify string up to the verify length.
- PARTIAL - Partial truncates the compare strings to the shortest string, then does a full compare. "1966-1967." in one record, "1966-" on the other record : both truncated to "1966-" and compared.
- WITHIN - Within searches each compare string truncated at verify length against the full un-truncated string of the other field. "1967" will find a potential match on "1966-1967."
- NACO/CJK retains spaces and subfield delimiters.
- FULL is NACO normalization with all spaces and subfield delimiters removed.
This pertains to the number of characters to be used in the verification for the 260$c within the verify method chosen above. The max number of characters that can be used is 2048.
This pertains to the number of words to be used in the verification for the 260$c within the verify method chosen above.
|Group 2 (245)|
|260 $c publication date must verify and must exist in both records (full, naco)|
1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0 - 5.0 - 6.0