The MARS 2.0 Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing Authority Control. The profile covers topics such as: Bibliographic Cleanup, Authority Matching, Series Processing, Reports, On-going services (Current Cataloging and Notification), and Reports.
- Ch. 1 - Data Information - Data Format and transfer options
- Ch. 2 - Bibliographic Record Validation - Cleanup and validation options for Bibliographic records
- Ch. 3 - Authority Cleanup and Matching - Options that control matching on Authority records
- Ch. 4 - Output Options - Output options for both Bibliographic and Authority records
- Ch. 5 - Reports - Information on the different available reports
- Ch. 6 - Ongoing Services - Options to keep your Authority file up to date
- Ch. 7 - Optional Services - Optional services, such as Table of Contents and Remaster
Since it's inception, the MARS Profile Guide has undergone numerous changes and updates. Because the Authority world is one of constant change and fluctuation the Profile Guide is updated at least once a year.
The current 2008 version reflects an almost entire rewrite to coincide with the launch of the new MARS 2.0 service.