The MARS 2.0 Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing Authority Control. The profile covers topics such as: Bibliographic & Authority Cleanup, Authority Matching, Series Processing, Reports, Ongoing services (Current Cataloging and Notification or Bibliographic Update), and Reports.
Sections - Authority Matching
- Step 1 - Database - File transfer and data formats
- Step 2 - Cleanup - Bibliographic record cleanup and validation
- Step 3 - Matching - Bibliographic heading and Authority file matching options
- Step 4 - Output - Bibliographic and Authority file distribution
- Step 5 - Reports - Available reports (standard, optional, custom)
- Step 6 - Ongoing - Processing for new bibs and keeping your authority file current
In an effort to consolidate questions and streamline the intuitive flow of the guide, we have recently updated the wiki and printed versions of the guide. We hope these changes complement the new version of the online profile.
The current version was edited April 2013.