RDA Profile Guide
The RDA Enrichment Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing to enrich current AACR2 records with RDA content, or to offer validation and cleanup to existing RDA records. The profile covers topics such as: Validation Options, GMD to CMC conversions and additions, Descriptive and Access Field updates, and Reports. PCC Guidelines (docx)
Sections - RDA
- Step 1 - Data Information - File transfer and data formats
- Step 2 - Validation Options - Bibliographic record cleanup and validation
- Step 3 - GMD to CMC - Conversion options for 245 $h GMD to 33X CMC terms
- Step 4 - Descriptive Fields - Covers options to expand many different types of descriptive abbreviations
- Step 5 - Access Fields - Access field updates
- Step 6 - Reports - Available reports (standard, optional, custom)
In an effort to consolidate questions and streamline the intuitive flow of the guide, we have recently updated the wiki and printed versions of the guide. We hope these changes complement the new version of the online profile.
The current version was edited April 2013.