Marcadia Profile Guide
The Marcadia Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing to find the one best, most content rich bibliographic record within the OCLC Worldcat and/or Institution database. The profile covers topics such as: Perfect and Acceptable match return criteria, required matching criteria, hitting on 'magic-number' fields such as the 010, 020, and 022, hitting on title text and other fields, validation, keep options, and reports.
Sections - Record Deduplication
- Step 1 - Database - File transfer and data formats
- Step 2 - Match Criteria - Options for searching your bibliographic records
- Step 3 - Perfect Match - Criteria for Perfect Matches
- Step 4 - Acceptable Match - Criteria for Acceptable Matches
- Step 5 - Optional - Access field updates
- Step 6 - Ongoing - Ongoing options
In an effort to consolidate questions and streamline the intuitive flow of the guide, we have recently updated the wiki and printed versions of the guide. We hope these changes complement the new version of the online profile.
The current version was edited September 2013.