Difference between revisions of "Dedupe Profile Guide"
(Created page with "==About== The Record Deduplication Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing to dedupe multiple bi...")
Revision as of 12:34, 27 March 2013
The Record Deduplication Profile was created to help simplify and explain the complex options available from Backstage Library Works when choosing to dedupe multiple bib records for the same item into the one best, most content rich bibliographic record. The profile covers topics such as: hitting on 'magic-number' fields such as the 010, 020, and 022, hitting on title text and other fields, validation, keep options, and Reports.
Sections - RDA
- Step 1 - Database - File transfer and data formats
- Step 2 - Numeric Tag Hits - Bibliographic record cleanup and validation
- Step 3 - Title Text Hits - Conversion options for 245 $h GMD to 33X CMC terms
- Step 4 - Other Field Hits - Covers options to expand many different types of descriptive abbreviations
- Step 5 - Keep Options - Access field updates
- Step 6 - Optional - Available reports (standard, optional, custom)
In an effort to consolidate questions and streamline the intuitive flow of the guide, we have recently updated the wiki and printed versions of the guide. We hope these changes complement the new version of the online profile.
The current version was edited April 2013.